Tips for Hiring a good Window Replacement Contractor
1. Never hire someone who knocks at your door. While there may be one or two reputable window replacement contractors who go door to door, we do not know of any. Many are scammers who prey on the elderly or the ill-informed and frequently they rip them off
2. Always ask for two references of projects that they have performed in the last six months. Make a phone call and ask the following questions:
- What work was done?
- What did you like about the job? Get as much detail as possible
- What would you change about the job? - Note that it is reasonable for good contractors to have some constructive areas for improvement.
- Did you get a quote at the start and did the cost of the job change from the original quote?
- Is it OK to look at the work from the outside of the house? This way you get an idea of the quality of craftmenship in the work and it helps eliminate bogus references.
- Was it completed as agreed? Time, cost and any special instructions.
- Would you use the contractor again?
- What other advice would you give?
Please click this link to request a quote for replacement windows